Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Adjusting to Your Husband's Retirement







Why would anyone write a book called 
 Survive Your Husband's Retirement?

...I LIVED IT!
Or should I say WE lived it, and it wasn’t a pretty picture.
My husband retirement in 2009 wasn’t planned, and we had not thought about how we would share this new time together.  I won’t bore you with the details, but trust me, we needed to make significant adjustments. 
During my research and adjustment period I learned that over 16% of 30 + year marriages end in divorce after retirement, and I knew that I did not want to be one of those statistics.  I talked  to other wives with retired husbands, and saw that most couples also had to make significant adjustments in retirement.   
Then it occurred to me:
  • “Non-retiring” spouses need a safe forum to vent 
  • Helpful ideas could help readers regain their “pre-retirement” sanity 
  • Improved sanity could prompt renewed marital bliss 
  • As dedicated problem solvers, women eagerly share good ideas
  • A blog is a safe place to vent and share ideas 
So...come with your stories your concerns about adjustments in retirement…
  
Feel better about this period in your marriage.  

Read stories that could prompt good ideas for you and your marriage.  

Make Life More Beautiful than you might ever have imagined.   
YOU DESERVE IT… Even if YOU  aren’t retiring

YOU HAVE PUT IN HARD YEARS ... RAISING KIDS...
      MAKING ENDS MEET... BUILDING CAREERS.   


WIVES UNITE!  

Make retirement joyful, loving and more beautiful than you ever could have imagined.   


Click here to share your story or question.  Type in Retirement Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment